21 December 2013

4500 hits: things I've learned

Blogging is not a job, even if it feels sometimes like that. Its labour of love and dedication, or at least it should be. Despite the fact that my blog was abandoned for quite a long time, the visitors kept on coming and big gaming world kept buzzing with new shiny things like Destiny, Witcher: the Wild Hunt, Shadowrun and countless other names.

After looking at my visitors statistics I came to some boring conclusions.

1) Triss Merigold is awesome.
In less than a week her sexy pictures had more hits than both my fan-made codexes had in a year. No surprise here, but still. One of the ways to get high number of visitations is to join the global hype. Can't say I like the idea, but maths shows that it gets more attention than my half-witted blubbering or videos from someones youtube channel.

2) Less is more.
Continuing on half-naked Triss. My main tool here is writing but there is a risk of flooding blog with just another post on just another hype, for just another number of hits. I'm not looking for this blog to pay my bills, so why should I join the crowd? Instead, I shall continue to use this blog as place to show my creations and sort of virtual notebook on ideas and dreams. I would have to concentrate on certain topics, such as how to overcome writer's block, ideas behind game design and personalities, that simply expands my own understanding of craft, and hopefully someone else's. If there is a need for off-topic article I probably should write it for other online blog to save me from going astray.

3) More Triss.
More ladies will come, game related or not, they are an eye candy after all. Some say they even bring visitors and even readers :)

Sincerely yours,
Mark-Paul Severn.



No comments:

Post a Comment