2 March 2013

Informational overdose

One must keep your lust for knowledge and achievement in check. I did not. I kept reading all blogs of game-designers and game production subjects i could concentrate on. When i was not reading I was watching game videos, behind the scenes, (especially HALO) as well as new releases.

Why?

Its interesting question. My eyes can't focus, they hurt, light must be dimmed and head is buzzing with all new hot stuff and ideas about how to make my perfect game. But i have not wrote a single line in any of my current projects for almost a month. I needed to see that big picture of how is it in that glamorous world of game industry, simply because writing and developing stuff by yourself is like talking to a mirror: complimenting but not real.

My headaches will pass, but already this informational overdose have done some good things: simple reality check that showed me that being a lone-wolf-freelancer is far far away from AAA world class projects with hundreds of people creating them and millions to back them. The scale and quality of these projects is not a thing to compete against, but a destination to go to. But even these monsters start with a spark of idea and determination of game designer. For now, i need a painkiller....         

No comments:

Post a Comment